ICON Information Consultants and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “ICON”) appreciate your interest in this Web site and other related or linked ICON sites (Site). Your privacy is important and we want you to understand our practices with respect to gathering information from visitors to the Site and with respect to the uses we make of that information.
ICON is responsible for any ICON sponsored website, computer and mobile application, and social media account or page that links to this Privacy Notice. We are committed to respecting the privacy of individuals from whom we collect personal information. ICON has implemented technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
This Privacy Notice covers personal information that ICON may collect and process separate and apart from its websites, computer and mobile applications, such as through email or other means. By providing personal and other information to us or through your use of our Websites, apps, social media pages, business transactions or our integrated products or service offerings you, agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES ICON COLLECT?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The Personal information that ICON may collect from you will depend on the nature of the interaction you have with us. For example ICON may collect:
• Business contact information, including the name of your business, your title and function, your work email address, your work physical and/or mailing address, or work telephone numbers, and other information related to contacting you at work
• Profile picture
• Social media account ID or user ID, device identification or locator information
• Specific information about how you or your company interact with ICON products and services, including your personal preferences
HOW DOES ICON USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Any personal information collected will be used to:
• Provide you with customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests;
• Develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, improve and personalize user experience, and better prepare future content based upon your interests and those of our general user population;
• Communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by ICON, including special offers;
• Evaluate your interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment with ICON;
• Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
• Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity and protect against fraud;
• Screen against sanction and anti-terrorism lists as required by law;
• Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
ICON shall use your personal information only for legitimate business interests, to fulfill a legal obligation or to meet our contractual obligations as described in the Global Privacy Notice.
DOES ICON USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONTACT YOU?
ICON may use the information it gathers to communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by ICON, or special offers. ICON will ensure that any marketing communications will provide a simple method for you to opt-out or unsubscribe.
DOES ICON SHARE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES?
ICON will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the ICON group of companies, except to:
• Service providers that ICON has retained to perform services on our behalf. ICON will only share your personal information with service providers whom ICON has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. These providers may include cloud service providers, system providers, software providers, and other service providers;
• Comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
• Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
• Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
• Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
For individuals who interact with ICON on social media sites, ICON may disclose your personal information to contacts associated with your and ICON’s social media accounts, to other website users and to your social media account provider in connection with your social sharing activity as it relates to ICON, including any sweepstakes or contests that you might enter on our site. Should you elect to post information on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including without limitation, our Social Media pages), any such information you post or disclose through these services would become public and may be available to the general public.
WHAT SHOULD YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE THIRD-PARTY LINKS THAT MAY APPEAR ON THIS WEBSITE?
In some instances, ICON may provide links to non-ICON controlled websites, which ICON will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. ICON does not control such third-party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC GROUPS OF PEOPLE
FOR INDIVIDUALS IN CALIFORNIA
As defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”, California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. ICON does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
FOR INDIVIDUALS IN THE UNITED STATES
ICON does not collect Social Security Numbers through its websites or applications. ICON does, however, collect Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as for tax purposes. When ICON collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, ICON will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting collection, ensuring access on a need-to-know basis, implementing appropriate technical safeguards, and ensuring proper disposal.
FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS
Although ICON’s web site is not directed at children, ICON is committed to complying with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States. ICON does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If ICON learns that personal information relating to a child under the age of 13 has been provided, ICON will delete that information from its systems.
HOW MIGHT ICON CHANGE THIS POLICY?
As ICON expands and improves this website, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the policy.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT ICON?
If you have questions about ICON’s privacy practices in general, please email [email protected].